Marriage

A Little Romance

untitled

A little romance goes a long way..

I don’t know about you, but I can’t even remember the last time my husband and I had a little romance in our marriage. With the kids and my husbands work schedule, it kind of seems impossible. My husband has never really been a romantic person anyway. We’ve never celebrated Valentines day.. I know, sad, it’s okay to feel bad for me..

But there are little things you can do for each other here and there to keep the romance and marriage alive.

 

1. While he’s at work, send him romantic, (or dirty) text messages. Anything sweet to just let him know you’re thinking about him.

imagesXKWW200V

 

2. Simple hugs and kisses go a long way.

3. Let him know that you appreciate everything he does for you and your kids.

4. Set date nights at least once a month, even if it is for just thirty minutes.

5. Leave a little love note like on the mirror or white board on the fridge, so it’ll be the first thing he sees in the morning when he gets up for work.

 

imagesGWWZL0FB

6. Cook a meal together.

7. Give each other a massage while the kids are napping.

8. Take at least 5 minutes a day to talk and ask how his day went.

9. Cuddle while watching a movie and especially cuddle in bed. Apparently this closeness can lead to more and better sex!

10. Surprise him with some new lingerie.imagesF1B9SU5G

Marriage

Marriage Smarriage

image

Who ever says marriage is easy is clearly delusional..

Ya sure the first year, the ‘honeymoon stage’ is all rainbows and unicorns. But I think after the first year, you truely understand the definition of marriage.

1% of the time you’re like “Omg I love him so much, I’m so glad he’s my husband!” And the other 99% you just picture yourself running him over with your car.

I myself have been married for 4 years, I know it isn’t that long but it feels like 10! Literally FIVE days after we got hitched we found out we were pregnant with our first. Funny I know, but I really had no idea! So my husband and I didn’t have the chance to enjoy the honey moon stage before bringing a baby into the mix.

Even before we tied the knot, we had many ups and downs. And then many more after having our first daughter. She had colic for about a month so you can imagine with no sleep we were both at each others throats.

Even after only 4 years, most days I just want to strangle him! But still can’t imagine being married to anyone else.  I’m sure he feels the same about me sometimes, but hey that’s marriage right?

We are complete opposites in our views and the way we think.. which leads to a lot of arguing. He’s the type of person who believes money comes before family. He would rather be wealthy and have nice things than broke but able to spend time with family. This is a constant issue with us. Family is the most important in my eyes, and I would rather my see my kids happy with their daddy than living the luxurious life. But that’s just me.

He’s one of those dads that thinks just because he works and provides for the family he doesn’t have to help with housework and the kids.

He always tells me, ‘If you need help with the kids just ask.’ I’m like hello they’re your kids too, IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO DUDE! I shouldn’t have to ask.

Ladies if you have a husband who willingly helps with your kids and housework and actually appreciates all that you do.. consider yourself LUCKY!!

I just WISH my hubby could walk a week in my shoes. Then he would understand and appreciate what I go through. He honestly thinks I get to sit at home and relax all day and I have it soo easy.

I mean seriously, he gets to sleep, nap, poop in peace, shower in peace.. if I get to take a hot bath for 30 min I’m like OMG IT’S LIKE CHRISTMAS!

There’s one quote I love on marriage, it’s funny but also completely true…

Marriage. Is the only way during which you sleep with your enemy.